January 11, 2005
With one in three homes in Wyoming having Radon levels above that which the Environmental Protection Agency considers acceptable, health officials are asking homeowners to test for the chemical.
Radon is a naturally occuring gas that is colorless, odorless, tasteless and can enter a building through the soil.
Exposure to the gas, in elevated levels, can cause an increased risk of lung cancer.
You can contact your local health department about how and where you should test your home for Radon.